Subject: Re: LW 3DSM plug-un, why?
From: [email-masked] (Jamie Krutz) ()
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 01:24:43 -0700

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>  The demo I saw of the flyer really shined when it came to having multiple
>  sound tracks synced to a clip. I think this is where sound should be done
>  at the professional level. For Multi Media the MAX solution may be fine.
>  I have had some success with MainActor for adding sounds to an Animation
>  on the Amiga. I put about 10 min. into playing with it. It did what I 
>  wanted. What do others think ? It is a neat thing but in my opinion not
>  required in the 3D program. I doulbt any movie/TV professionals would be
>  impressed by this capability. (they would probably dump sound if it was
>  present, and do their own)

Rather than thinking of  adding sound to an existing animation, consider 
creating animation that must match an already produced soundtrack (for 
example: a character's voice). In that case having the ability to see and 
sync with the sound from within LW would be very nice to have as you 
tweak your animation to match.

Regards,
 -Jamie